photo Jane Richmond_zpsux4wawxl.png

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Knit City // floor plan & Kick off Party!

Image courtesy of Knit Social Event Co.

Knit Social has just released the floor plan for Knit City, Vancouver's first full blown fibre festival. My booth is # 27! I'll have all of my samples and printed patterns with me. I'm also working very long days in hopes of being able to reveal my latest work to you (fingers crossed!) at the event. October 13th & 14th is only one month from now so don't forget to mark your calendars, get a sitter, plan a road trip, gather up your girl friends and come make this an event to remember! 

Image courtesy of Knit Social Event Co. 

And don't forget, there is a Kick Off Party on Friday at the Croatian Cultural Centre from 7pm-11pm. This is a great chance to mingle with Knit City vendors before the weekend market opens, Kim Werker and Sylvia Olsen will be speaking, there will even be a cash bar available. Tickets are $25 and include a weekend pass to the Knit City marketplace!

Read about Knit Social and the story behind this amazing partnership in Interweave's holiday issue! Amanda and Fiona are such an inspiration, this event is sure to be incredible!

11 comments:

  1. Great booth location! A corner booth rocks. ;) Wish I could make the nearly 5000 km road trip to be there! it looks like it's going to be a blast. Oh! And good luck finishing up your big project, I'm dying for the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you could be there Tanis! One day soon we'll all get to hang out :)

      Delete
    2. Ditto! I wish I could just pop in on your booth at these types of events! Wouldn't that be great :)

      Delete
  2. CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOot woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too! This country seems so endlessly sprawling at times, lol!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jane -- this is so timely!! My sister-in-law and I live in rural Alaska and are just now planning a short getaway to Vancouver/Victoria next month!

    I was also hoping you wouldn't mind giving me a little advice on visiting there. We both will have young babies -- one 7-month old and one 16-month old. We were wondering if it's best to pick like a "home base" for the duration (about 3-4 days) and take day trips from there or to stay in a variety of places... I'm really hoping to try a short bout of surfing while I'm there too. Any "don't miss" places?

    Looking forward to your next big reveal! Thanks, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is great timing!

      If you want to visit both cities I would spend a few of your days in Van and a few in Vic to get the most out of your trip. The ferry eats up a lot of travel time and making the trip over and back in one day can be incredibly exhausting, especially with wee ones! There are some great surf spots past Sooke on the Island... not sure where to surf on the mainland. Hope you and your sister-in-law have a fantastic trip! Maybe we'll see you at the show!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so weird... I stumbled upon your blog from a link from Pinterest & I went to this Knit City event with my sister. I probably browsed through your booth.

    ReplyDelete